Thursday, July 15, 2010

Behold! Lions and Bees and Muscles! Oh my...

Well, lookie what I found while cleaning... A USB drive with my review work. Damn thing was so small it got lost in a pocket of time that just so happens to be inside my back pack, but not a glimpse of the future anywhere next to it. So, this was my second piece for a class Winter semester and got tore upside and down during critique because I lacked a cool counter in my coloring. Needless to say, I found a touch of purple and some cobalt in to the shadows actually adds a richer dark that the deep earthy colors I had. Ahhh, a sigh of relief when she said the warms and cools felt more balanced out.
The whole idea was based on a "dual portrait" with out showing a face and one must be "inferred". I choose Samson and Delilah from the Babylonian version of the Bible depiction. Great story and tons of imagery to play with. That being said, you can figure out Samson, but Delilah was more of the elements around the central image. He went to great lengths to be with her and once was love turned out to be treachery. What a bitch! (Note: Check out Wikipedia for a quick lesson and story of Samson; click link.)



Enjoy the view!
J.

No comments:

Post a Comment