Thursday, July 15, 2010

Remember Wally Wood?

Hello once again. Yes, I know that it has been months since last post. I swear I've been busy.... Working for the "MAN" and doing a random doodle here and there. Mostly there, at work, and on the clock, when bored to tears.
Yet, I shall not plead for pity and cry in my ice cream about not doing anything with my summertime. Alex chilled with Liz and I for a few days, but had to leave for home, so sad. My Lizzy has been busy with casting calls and chasing stars all over Ann Arbor, but I go with to see the "old guy" (Wes Craven).
And then there was me... I do plan to at least write a script for my graphic novel and base it off my life. Kind of similar to a biography except illustrated and edited based on what I feel were my highs and lows in life. Assuming it's gonna get real personal and pull on the heart strings I may take a breath from it so I don't run the ink down the page in salty memories.
O'kay, now I get to the part of my blog where I praise someone or something. I just read an article on Wally Wood in Wizard and remembered the "22 Panels That Always Work" image I had (thanks Matt)! Jim Shooter had high remarks about him and then I realized I read his early work with EC Comics and didn't even know it. Maybe I was too young to recall the name, but I do have a clear picture of the images. So, check out the cool panels and take a minute to ponder... I surely did.
Then check out Marvel and peep the pointers on making comics a career at the link below.
www.marvel.com/news/all.13180.tips~and~tweets~colon~_breaking_in?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Pulse249&utm_term=Link4&utm_content=TipsTweetsBreakingIn&utm_campaign=Pulse249Newsletter07132010

Yeah, I know it's a bit long... "That's what she said!" 'Nuff Said
J.

No comments:

Post a Comment